
WARNING: This post will probably contain more details than you may want to know about pain that I've been experiencing all over my bod, so read with caution if you dare.
.
If I could describe the past 8 weeks of my life in one word, it would have to be painful. I feel like it has just been one thing after another to deal with, and I have been hoping each day that maybe tomorrow it will be better, and then I go and do something really stupid! SO, as you all know I gave birth...painful experience #1. I got about a million stitches from that as well as hemorrhoids (which weren't really that painful, just a nuisance). Then I started breastfeeding...painful experience #2. Those first few week hurt like nobody's business. I couldn't even take a shower because even as low as the water would go, if anything touched me..ouch! Bear in mind, now that each painful experience pretty much builds on the previous one...it's not like I healed from one and then moved to the next, nope, I got to experience all of this at the same time....anyway, continuing on...After the hemorrhoids were gone, it was still quite painful to go number 2, pretty much every time! I called my OB and got a prescription cream to use in hopes that whatever it was would go away soon....painful experience #3. Then, one day I woke up and had an infected cuticle on one of my fingers...how this happened I have no idea, but it was so painful for anything to even touch my finger, and there was no way I would even attempt to use that finger...painful experience #4. Well, this was all within the first 6 weeks. Then I went to the doctor who said I had healed from my stitches. I was still a little sore, but it was manageable and didn't really bother me too much so at least something was starting to get better. Breastfeeding has gotten better and it doesn't hurt anymore, so I was starting to feel somewhat normal. My hurt cuticle only lasted a couple of days so I thought I was on the home stretch of getting back to feeling good. I still had problems with the pain when I went to the bathroom and since that was pretty much the last thing holding me back, I sucked up my dignity and made an appointment with a specialized doctor to get that checked out. I went to the appointment yesterday...won't really go into details, but let's just say I have a cut (aka a fissure) on my poo hole, and he explained why it hasn't gotten better. However, he prescribed me his "magic ointment" and I went after the appointment to pick it up....Finally, after I use this, I might actually start feeling good again, right?! WRONG...We went over to our friends, David and Anna's house last night for dinner. I hadn't gotten to use my magic ointment yet, but was planning to when I got home that night. Well as we were leaving their apartment, I was shutting the door and somehow shut my foot in the door which ripped my big toenail almost completely off. YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!...painful experience #5. It was bleeding so much that we went back in to get some stuff to wrap it up just to walk back home (they live in our complex so it wasn't a far walk). We got home and I soaked it and put some peroxide on it and some neosporin and then wrapped it up. I think this is the worst pain to date! I didn't get to use my magic ointment either because there is a possibility that it could lower your blood pressure, and since I as bleeding out my toe I figured it might be best to wait. Well, as you can imagine, I had a break down. I thought I was finally going to feel good all over, and now I can barely walk because of this pain. I am so tired of hurting and I hope this heals quickly. More than anything though, I was so mad at myself for doing that. Yes, it was an accident, but come on! Be more careful would ya?! So anyway, just wanted to say, I've had enough of this. From now on I wish to live in a protective bubble where nothing can hurt me and maybe I could get a little sleep too? Maybe?
1 comment:
I would lock myself in my room and not come out until all my ailments were healed! I understand your breakdown - I have been dealing with my own stuff lately and reached the end of my rope last week! Hopefully things will settle down for everyone soon!! I hope you heal quickly!
Post a Comment