October 7, 2008

Girls Just Want to Have FUH-UHN!

Well I've officially experienced a girl's night in California. It was like any typical girl's night with food, dessert, beer, and a chick flick! Me and 5 other girls met at our friend Amanda's house in Santa Clarita on Monday night. I rode over there with a girl named Courtney who just moved to CA with her husband Dallas and daughter Phoenix about three months ago. They moved from Kansas, so we are pretty much in the same boat - had to pick up and leave everything and everyone we knew to move for our husband's jobs. We got to chat a bit on the way and by the time we were there I told her I felt like we should be best friends because we are pretty much the same person...all the same feelings and struggles with the move. We were the first ones there so we just hung out a bit with Amanda until Susan showed up. We ate a lovely pasta dinner with a yummy salad and had Woodchuck Pear Cidar to drink, yum! I had made a French Vanilla Tiramisu for dessert which we were digging into just as Audrey showed up. Monique (a friend of Susan's who I'd hung out with before and really like) showed up later on because she had to work late. We watched P.S. I Love You and then just hung out and talked afterwards. I didn't get home til almost 1am and had a wonderful time! 
We went to the MS Picnic on Sunday which was not quite as exciting as we had thought it would be. The sweet tea was very disappointing and Teresa (Anna's roomate from Freshman year who lives in LA now) didn't even get to come, so we didn't even get to see her which I was hoping to do. We did meet several people from State and a few that live in Simi Valley, but most of the people that were there were really old. We were glad we went, but it was not as big of a deal as we thought. 
We're having a cookout on Friday for all of our friends that helped us move. We are looking forward to finally having some people over and getting to hang out with them at home. We'll let you know how that goes. 
We still miss everybody terribly but are really enjoying our new home. 

No comments: