September 16, 2008

Ain't No Mountain High Enough

William and I went out to Dimples Karaoke Bar in Burbank last night with several friends. Friday, at the going away party, we had all talked about going to do karaoke, so we all decided that Monday would work for us. We met everybody at the bar and as soon as we walked in the door, we knew we were in for a treat! We ordered pizza and some drinks and started signing up for singing. I did a song with two girls, Amanda and Monique. We sang Ace of Base's "The Sign" - classic. I was a little nervous before getting to the bar and wasn't sure if I would actually get up on stage, however, the ability to sing is definitely not a requirement to sing at this bar, so I felt no shame. Almost everyone in the group had done a song, and we were getting close to wanting to leave, but William had yet to sing and everyone was trying to convince him to do a song. After much convincing and egging on, William decided to do a duet with me. We chose "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" because it was a song that William knew and had actually done a lipsync to in the seventh grade. We signed up and waited for our turn. Oh man! If you don't know, William is the most tone deaf, non rhythmic person you will ever meet. The song started and we started our duet. Not only our group, but the entire bar was laughing and cheering us on in amazement of our singing and William's "dance" moves. It was priceless. We got a dvd of our wonderful perfomance because we were Dimples Karaoke Virgins. We are working on uploading the video of our performance, but not sure if it will work, but we'll see. All that to say, we're having a great time with our new friends and doing fun, new things all the time!

2 comments:

adteacher said...

oh my...let's have round 2 at christmas...I'm sure we could find a part for william in "She's In Love with the Boy"

Anonymous said...

Hey Lora! I just happened to come across your blog. It looks like things are going well, or at least getting better for you guys. I am glad you have found an apartment! Hopefully we will be in L.A. in March, so maybe we can meet up!