This afternoon a friend from church, Susan, called to invite us to a birthday/going away party for a girl whose wedding I might photograph. Even though we had never even met the girl or her fiance, Susan said it would be cool if we came and could meet her before she left. She's going to Ecuador for a couple of months and will be back in December and their wedding is in January. Anyway, we figured, why not? we could meet some new people and have somewhere to go on a Friday night. We drove over to Moorpark (about 15 minutes southwest from Simi) to the party. We got there a little early so that I could show the girl, Nadia, some of my photography and talk a little bit about the wedding, etc. Everyone that came was so nice and we had a really good time. By the end of the party we were playing Backstreet Boys and Nsync cds and dancing. It was quite entertaining. I also got to talk more to Susan and get to know her a little better as well. I think we'll be great friends! So, once again, God is answering our prayers for friends and we are feeling more and more at home here.
September 12, 2008
67 Degrees All Day Long
Today was the first day that I woke up to it being overcast. It was really cool all day long and I'm pretty sure it never got above 70! The weather is awesome! Molly and I went for a good, long walk at the Rancho Simi Park this morning and enjoyed stopping and sniffing just about every blade of grass in the park (well Molly enjoyed it at least).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment