February 8, 2010

We're still here!

We had a busy week this past week! We had our couples' bible study on Tuesday night which is always good to be at and to be able to listen and to share our experiences with our friends. Anna and Zach Ashton have joined our group. They moved here in August and have been going to Valley since then. They live in Simi and have a one year old son, Owen. We have really enjoyed getting to know them (and playing a few games of Settlers with them!) and are glad that they have joined our couples' bible study!
.
On Wednesday, Arden and I met Anna and Owen and Courtney and Phoenix at a park for a play date. We swang and hung out for a long time and had a great time just being outside and visiting with our friends. Arden rode in a swing for the first time and although he didn't smile, I could tell he was enjoing it... I think he was just too relaxed to smile!
.
Thursday night we went to our friend, Zach Zoschke's birthday party. A bunch of people came. We met at a Mexican restaurant in LA. We had a good time and enjoyed getting to see our friends. Arden did well staying up well past his bedtime and of course he got plenty of attention.
.
William sold his truck on Friday! Yippee!! So we will be getting our !!new car!! soon. We are getting a Ford Focus wagon from a co-worker of William's. It is a 2002 with only like 65,000 miles on it. It's a stick shift and it's white. I'll be sure to show you a picture once we get it, but we are really excited to have a much more family-friendly car. It will be so nice to have more room for getting the carseat in and out and for taking around all of our baby gear that takes up so much space in my tiny Nissan. William will drive my car now and I'll drive the new one.
.
This weekend was pretty low key, but relaxing and fun as usual. Friday night, after having our weekly sushi night, William worked on his airplane a bit while I finished cleaning the house and working out. We watched part of a movie and hung out for a bit when he got back. Saturday we lounged around all morning and into the afternoon before we finally got dressed and ready to go couch shopping. We are looking for a new couch and went to several stores around Simi in search of one. We still haven't found one we love yet, but we're working on it. Sunday we went to church as usual and then over to Dave and Kathy's (friends from church) house for lunch and to watch a bit of the Super Bowl. We didn't stay the whole time because we wanted to make a few more stops on our way back home to a few furniture stores. After getting lost in the maze of IKEA, we went to one other store and then headed home, couchless still.
.
I've just been doing my usual thing this week of taking care of Arden and Molly Bear, working out, cleaning, doing laundry, grocery shopping, etc. Nothing out of the ordinary, but it's my life and I'm loving it! I got some fun kid's praise songs on iTunes the other day that I think I am much more excited about than Arden, but he'll learn to love them too! Still haven't gotten to really use my new running shoes much for actual running yet since we haven't gotten a stroller, but I'm hoping to get one soon so I can run more often. We are still enjoying our new diet and haven't missed meat or anything yet and are feeling much better and healthier already even though it's only been a couple of weeks. Anyway, thought I'd do a little catching up for the week. Here is what you really check our blog for, pictures!:

Play time! Please excuse the runny nose, we've had a bit of a cold recently!

Yum!

Oh no! Not ANOTHER picture, Mom!

Snuggling before bed!

Pajama Party

4 comments:

Charles and Melissa said...

I believe I see a thumb in his mouth as he snuggles before bed! Wonder why he would wanna do that!?

adteacher said...

LOVE the last one...I call putting him to bed one night when he's here! (Now that we don't have to swaddle...)

Lora said...

He's all yours!

Abigail said...

Lora,

You may or may not remember me from ECS. You graduated with my sister Allison, and I was a year behind y'all. I came over to your blog from Suzie Harrison's blog. I could help but read through a couple posts and saw that you are friends with Zach and Anna Ashton. Small world! I went to Clemson with both of them and was in a Bible study with Anna all 4 years. Tell them I said hello, and I am so glad your boys can be friends! Hope y'all are enjoying California.

Abigail (Cox) Cook