February 18, 2010

Typical

Last night as I was cooking dinner, the usual happened..well the usual for me at least...I almost burned my hand. However, this time was a bit more humorous. As I was getting a pan out of the oven full of asparagus and some potatoes, I somehow almost dropped the pan on my wrist. So, in order to not burn my entire arm, I let go of the pan entirely and just as I was saying "Dinner's ready!" the pan and and all of its contents flew out of my hands and went all across the kitchen floor. Well, what can you do, right? None other than sit down on the kitchen floor and eat it, of course! So, last night, we had part of our dinner at the table and the other part on the kitchen floor. I would have said that it was worth it since I didn't burn myself, however, as I was cleaning up some of the pieces that we didn't really want to eat (you know, the ones that went under the refrigerator, etc.) I grabbed the still smoking hot pan with my bare hand, forgetting that it had just come out of the oven moments earlier. Bloody hell. Oh well. It was still funny.

1 comment:

Jamey said...

I need to get you to come clean my floors so that they are clean enough to eat off of too!