February 17, 2010
I'm a Cherokee Indian
So there's this old lady in our complex who walks around all day everyday. She is ALWAYS walking- barefoot nonetheless. It's taken me awhile to figure her out and as of late, I think I've only gotten further away from "getting" her. So it started off as me just trying to be friendly and saying hello. I mean, I see her everyday, multiple times, so I should at least say hello. Sometimes she would respond, and others she would just stare at the ground and keep walking. However, recently, she has gotten much more interesting! I say," Hello." She says "Hello" back. I say "How are you today?". She says "I'm a Cherokee Indian. My mother was a Cherokee. Elvis Presley's mother was Cherokee too and Elvis was Cherokee." Hmmm....I don't believe I asked "What are you?" She has done this several times to both me and William and it has gotten to be somewhat of a game for us to see if we can get her to tell us, yet again, that she is Cherokee. We've come up with responses that we might try out soon - for example - as soon as we exchange hellos, William or I would immediately say "I'm African American." or "I'm a hot dog, my parents are hot dogs too" etc., just to see if we can throw her off and see if she turns her autopilot response off and actually listens to what you're saying. Anyway, next time I say hello, be sure to let me know what you are in response!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
LOL. i can't wait to hear what her response is!!!
If she asks me, I'll just say, "I am Arden's Missy! Now beat THAT!!"
Post a Comment