A couple weeks ago I helped throw a baby shower for two of our really good friends from church, Anna Ashton and Theresa Martinez. We held it at the church and invited all of the women from the church. We just had desserts and some punch and played a few games and of course, opened presents. It was a really fun time and I think the girls enjoyed it! I made some diaper cakes for the centerpieces of the table and as their gift from me. I think they turned out really cute, and I had fun making them!

Anna's was green because she's having a surprise

Theresa's was blue because she's having a boy
One of the gifts that a lot of women got together on to give was a night's stay at a hotel for the couple. I volunteered to keep their children (they both have one each) whenever they decided to use their gift. So, last weekend, we had the honor of having Owen Ashton come stay with us. He came over on Friday afternoon and stayed until after lunch on Saturday. Arden and Owen always have fun playing together and it was fun to have him spend the night. After they helped me work out on Friday afternoon and once daddy got home, we walked down the street to see a "big choo choo" at a house that has entirely too many Christmas decorations, but is always fun to see. After we got back home, we had bath time, story time and then bedtime. Saturday morning we got up (a little earlier than usual) and played and then pancakes for breakfast. After we all got dressed, we went to the dog park with Molly Bear to run around for a little bit. When we got back, we had lunch and played a little more before the Ashtons came to pick Owen up. We had a great time and were glad we were able to keep Owen for them. It was also fun seeing what it would be like having 2 little ones around...it was a little more work, but it was fun and Arden definitely stayed entertained!

All ready for bed in their jammies

"Sharing" Owen's carseat

Dog Park Fun!



Buddies!
3 comments:
That last picture is so adorable!
The boys will treasure that in years to come. (I still have the cutest picture of my friend Jamie and I when we were five! So cute!)
Thanks so much for the amazing shower and for taking such good care of Owen! I love the pictures and what good friends our boys are.
This is so precious!!
Post a Comment