October 29, 2009

No More Frumpiness

Well, I am FINALLY back to my old self (well, plus a few pounds and some extra "bodily fluid" as I like to call my breastmilk because that makes it sound gross and awkward, which is what I am best at, but I can't really complain considering) - my body has finally healed! My butt is all better. I can go to the bathroom without sweating it. I can go for walks (and a run here and there, too). I can even fit into a couple of pairs of prepregnancy pants! SO I have decided that I am done going day after day only wearing a t-shirt and my ever-so-lovely black sweat-ish pants. (I'm not entirely sure what they're called because they aren't sweatpants, but you get the picture - frumpy). I was tired of feeling like a worn out piece of ..well I was tired of looking bad. The past two days I have gotten up earlier than usual and made time to actually take a shower and get dressed for the day, and I already feel like a new woman. I am trying really hard to lose the extra baby weight and to fit into all my clothes again, but for the time being, I can feel better by just getting dressed. Who knew?! So, from here on out, I'm getting dressed every morning (and making our bed, too!), even if I don't have anywhere to go or anyone to see - Look out!
.
Now in saying all of that, it does not mean that I am am not still tired. I am. Yesterday I put an empty jar of peanut butter back in the pantry only to find it today when I was having a snack. Sometimes when Arden is crying in the wee hours of the morning, I dream that I don't have to go get him. The other day I dreamt that William was supposed to take him to work with him, so instead of getting up and feeding him like usual, I woke William up to tell him "your baby is crying." What?! He was quite confused and when I came to my senses I felt really retarded. However, I am getting more sleep than I was, so again, I can't really complain. Arden is a great baby, easy to take care of, and is growing so fast! I think he is starting to look more like me than William, but who knows.
.
In other news...we bought our plane tickets for Memphis for Christmas!! Wooooooo stinking Hoooooooooo! I can't wait to be there and for everyone who hasn't yet, to meet Arden. We'll be in town December 16th through January 4th and I am pumped!

No comments: