Well, I started getting sick last week when mom was here, but it held off until Thursday when she left. I started feeling really bad on Thursday and spent most of the day in bed. I had the usual cold symptoms - sore throat, runny nose, etc., but I hoped it wouldn't turn into a bad cough (which is what usually happens - I usually get bronchitis at least once a year). Well, Friday I had high hopes it wouldn't be too bad and was starting to feel a little better and my sore throat had gone. Dum, dum, dum...enter Saturday morning. I woke up with my throat hurting and I was coughing pretty badly. I coughed so much that morning that I threw up twice. (I told William later it was just pay back all in one day for his everyday teeth brushing - if you don't know, whenever I hear William brush his teeth in the mornings, the hacking and gagging just about makes me vomit in our bed) I just noticed this post was getting a little disgusting, so I'll spare you any other details. Anyway, Saturday was the worst day and I spent most of it on the couch or in bed. Sunday we missed church because I still wasn't feeling great and was having a hard time breathing whenever I exerted any sort of energy. We did make it to the new Simi Dog Park for a little while that afternoon so that I could get some fresh air and to get Molly Bear out of the apartment, but that pretty much wore me out. Yesterday and today have been a little bit better. My cough is not improving and it feels like my lung is either inflamed or bruised from the coughing. I went to the doctor today and he didn't seem to think I have bronchitis. He checked me for strep as well and that was negative. He did say that a lot of upper respiratory stuff has been going around that is viral so an antibiotic wouldn't help. Anyway, we'll see how it goes. I wasn't too impressed with the doctor's analysis and if I'm not better in a few days, I might find someone else to go see. Anyway, just pray that this doesn't turn into bronchitis or anything of the sorts since I'm pretty limited on medications that I can take.
.
On another note, we started childbirth classes last night. I had pretty much heard or read all of the stuff that they talked about, but it was still good to hear again and be able to hear other people's questions and stuff. We watched a video on signs of labor and relaxation while in labor and all I have to say about the video is two words: Maternity Overalls. That pretty much sums up what I got out of the video. At the end we listened to a relaxation cd and were supposed to follow along with it, but it was awkward trying to relax on the floor. Anyway, we'll see how the rest of the classes go. I told William afterwards that I changed my mind, I don't want to give birth. He pretty much told me it was too late. Too bad.
2 comments:
I'm SO sorry you're sick!! I'm glad you went to the doctor, but do find somebody else if you don't get better soon. Your history is not good with these things, as you well know!! Love you.
Too bad...are you feeling better?
I have an ulcer on my cornea and have to put drops in every hour and wear my glasses for 2 weeks...fun fun!
Love y'all!
Post a Comment