July 24, 2011

Phew! Glad that week is over!

It has been a BUSY week this past week for us. Where to start? Last Wednesday, the 13th, our friend Courtney, who used to live in CA but moved back home to Kansas, flew in for a visit. We spent last weekend hanging out with her, going to the beach, and getting ready for VBS, which started on Sunday night. I was the 1st and 2nd grade teacher, so I had quite a bit of preparing to do. Monday was my birthday and I turned 24! Can you believe it?! (ok, so maybe I want to be in a little bit of denial as to how old I am, but entering the "late 20's" is depressing....I'm really 27, there!) Courtney, Arden, and I drove to Oxnard to get Chikfila for lunch and when we got home, William had flowers and a balloon and a card waiting for me! Arden was fussy pretty much all day, which was his extra special way of telling Mommy how excited he was that it was my birthday. He didn't even nap that day. Terrible. Anyway, I had to go to church that night for VBS so we'd planned a sushi dinner and opening presents for when I got home. I stopped at Yogurtland on my way home for my new favorite fro yo. We attempted to get the sushi that I wanted but naturally, the place had closed for "unexpected reasons" that night and would open again the next day. We ended up getting In-N-Out and William said that I would get a birthday re-do soon! William got me some new sheets and coasters and a vase and a Starbucks giftcard and my long awaited steam mop (well technically I got that on Friday, for cleaning day, but it still counts as a gift). Tuesday was much better with Arden. We dropped Courtney back at the airport and went home for a long nap. I got sushi that night after VBS and felt like my birthday was sufficiently celebrated! Ha!
.
VBS lasted the rest of the week and William and Arden came on Thursday and Friday nights. It was a fun, exhausting week! Friday night, the Bajans came over to hang out and spent the night with us. Saturday we did nothing all day and it was amazing. I didn't even get out of my pajamas except to walk Molly and ended the day with a bubble bath. I'd say I'm recovered! William's Corvette arrived from Tucson on Saturday as well, so he's been getting it ready to drive and making room for it in the garage. Today we left church early because I started feeling really sick, but made it home without vomitting in the car. We all napped awhile this afternoon and felt better. This evening we went to a park to hang out and had a little scare...Arden was saying hi to a dog and after he had run off, he went back to the dog a second time and was going to give it a hug or pet it or something, and it jumped up and bit his cheek. It wasn't a big dog - a little big bigger than Maddie Pup and a similar breed - but it broke the skin and gave him a scare. He just has a little cut on his face and will probably have a little bruising tomorrow, but we think he'll be fine. He just cried a little bit and I think was more scared than anything. William was with him when it happened and I was off sitting near Molly, so I'm not really sure what exactly happened. The people had a little girl with them, so even though William was being careful and trying to keep Arden at a distance, you'd think that the dog was ok with kids, but I think it just got scared of Arden and snapped at him. Anyway, he'll be fine.
.
 He's used to this dog who puts up with anything and everything....even his brotherly hugs!

Going for a spin in Daddy's car! I'm pretty sure that's the first time that car has ever had a carseat in it. My how things have changed since our first date in that car!

 I'm getting tired of being pregnant already and am ready for October to get here. I'm just starting to get uncomfortable getting around and I think I've started to waddle a bit. Arden is growing up so fast and is talking so much these days. He's saying two and three word sentences and is learning new words every day. It's so fun to see him developing communication skills and to see him get excited that he can communicate things to us. He talks to the baby all the time and is ready for him to get here too. This week will be pretty low key and things will be back to normal for a little while, which I am thankful for!

 Arden's glad things will be back to normal as well...he loves being the...I mean helping with the laundry!

Believe it or not, he requested that I close the door (not all the way of course). If I opened it, he would say "No, Mommy, close door!" Oh excuse me for not wanting to shut my child in the dryer!

3 comments:

Charles and Melissa said...

Love it! No doubt he will grow up to love doing laundry like most guys i know. Ha!

OneCentAtATime said...

he is really cute

Unknown said...

a very nice blog.