January 31, 2012

Hi Lotts, Doing?

Well thanks for asking! We've just been going along in our busy lives trying to keep up with two sweet boys while remaining sane at the same time! We've had a lot of days at home and a few days with friends here and there.

Brother play time these days...I look forward to the time when they are actually entertained by each other!

Arden is such a big boy now and loves riding his motorcycle from Uncle Paul, talking on the "phone", playing in Porter's crib with his animals, chasing Molly around the house, watching movies, playing with play-doh, playing with toys (especially his cars and his farm), being outside whenever possible, helping me cook, helping Daddy fix things, playing with friends, and just being active and social in general. He can go potty all by himself now and is quite proud of himself. The war against bed time and sleep is finally coming to an end and he is starting to stay in his bed and sleep better at night. I think he was just all messed up from having a new brother come into his life, but he is getting back on track.  He loves his friends, especially Owen and Sophia, and is always asking when we get to see them again. He has quite the imagination and we are always running away from a lizard or a motorcycle man or a number of other creatures. He is really sweet to Porter and likes to help out when he can, but when I'm busy with Porter, he has started taking care of a teddy bear and calling it Porter....nursing it and all! Ha! (How strange that must be in the eyes of a 2 year old to see me doing that all the time!)

 Just taking a snooze outside

Not just for babies... 

 Superman!

Block head (or mouth)


 Porter, who is 3 months old now, has been such a great baby! He has been sleeping through the night (like 9 hours) since he was about 10 weeks old. Every now and then he wakes up a couple of times for his paci, but other than that I get to sleep through the night as well! He is so easy to take care of and follows his routine wonderfully. When he's hungry he eats, when he's tired he sleeps. Pretty simple, eh? He is so smiley and sweet and already has such a sweet personality. He loves watching Arden and wants to know what is going on. He is also very enthralled with any movie that Arden is watching....you literally have to turn him away to interrupt his gaze. Yikes! He has started grabbing things and putting them to his mouth to explore them. He is really strong and can practically sit up with little assistance. One quirky thing that he does is while nursing on the right side, he rows his arm over and over, the whole time until he is done eating. It's really funny and sweet at the same time...just gotta keep those fingernals clipped otherwise I get scratched! He still doesn't stay awake for too long at a time, but when he is awake, he is easily entertained and happy just to be around us!

 3 Months Old!

 Bless you!!

 Yep, there's a movie playing...



Happy Boy

William is still loving his job and is enjoying learning new things all the time. While he is home he has been enjoying watching Top Gear with Arden. "Daddy, watch car show?" We enjoy our precious couple time at night together after the kids go to bed and we can relax together. We usually just watch a show or read or something, but that is still my favorite part of the day, just being with him! (No offense, kids!)
 I have been having trouble with my back since Porter was born, and I finally went to a chiropractor last week. He did wonders for me and I think I am finally on the mend. My back is feeling much better and I hope to be able to really work out soon! I'm ready to lose the last of this baby weight and then some! I need my energy back!
I haven't quite figured out when to walk Molly every day or how to go to the grocery store without losing my mind, but I am managing better than I thought I would with 2. As my mom told me "you just do what you have to do" - that's how you get it done, that's how you survive. I don't always get a shower and my house is usually a wreck (gasp!), but those things can wait when there are children to teach about life and love and Jesus. And I am trying to do just that. I fail miserably on a daily basis, but it is exciting to see the fruits of our labor when Arden apologizes for something all on his own or when he remembers things that we've told him when we didn't think he was listening or when he obeys the first time you tell him to do something. God is using us in their lives to point them to Christ and that is all that I can hope for! We are so blessed with our little family and I can only hope that we are glorifying God even in our mundane day to day activities.

3 comments:

Sonea said...

I welcome I found a remedy in order to help somebody please visit my blog and communicate this message farther. http://charityhelping.blogspot.com

Charles and Melissa said...

I have no greater joy....God's grace is truly amazing!

Heather said...

Hi i’m Heather! I have a question for you! Please email me :)
HeatherVonSJ[at]gmail[dot]com